Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stumbling upon news

I had a look around StumbleUpon and I really like it. It's easy to search visually for items. I 'stumbled upon' this Dress Me Up: Clockwork Couture - a kind of Steampunk burlesque paper doll thing (why not??) The subject searching is very handy and it's really user-friendly and nice-looking. Unlike Reddit, which is just awful to look at (I think!) and not so easy to discover things serendipitously (and isn't that the whole point of these websites?)

Digg is not bad, but a bit wordy. (I prefer SumbleUpon's visual approach.) I found an interesting article about the increase in the popularity of poetry thanks to the internets. The last website I looked at was Newsvine, which is a great idea but I found the content to be too USA-focused for my interests.

1 comment:

ACL web 2.1 said...

Hey glad you sumbled upon a site you enjoy! Paper dolls sure have changed with the times!